Allegheny Children’s Initiative provides behavioral and mental health oriented services to children and adolescents between the ages of 2-21 in Allegheny County.
Who We Are
We are a social services agency located in the South Side of Pittsburgh that provides help to children and families throughout Allegheny County. We are licensed by the PA Department of Human Services/Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services and monitored by Allegheny County Department of Human Services and Community Care Behavioral Health Organization.
What We Do
We bring families, schools and community organizations together! We help children function at their highest abilities by providing a continuum of behavioral health oriented services.
We provide the following services:
- Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services for Children and Adolescents
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Service Coordination
- Administrative Service Coordination
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy
- Behavioral Supports Services
- Psychological Evaluations
How We Help You
We work with your family to identify needs and strengths and together we build a plan to work towards your goals. Some of the ways we help YOU:
- We listen to you
- We focus on your child and your family; we promote your child’s strengths
- Together we follow your child’s treatment and measure their success!
- We teach, consult, answer questions, and offer your child as much support as they need
Where We Help
We work with the child in THEIR environment (home, school and/or community) to support them and their family and natural support system.
We help children and adolescents who:
- Need help with anger management
- Feel anxious or depressed
- Have experienced a trauma
- Need help focusing or following directions
- Are at risk for out-of-home placement
- Find themselves as a victim or bully
- Need to feel better about themselves
- Have trouble sleeping or eating
Allegheny Children’s Initiative was established in 1993 by the Allegheny County Children, Youth and Families and Behavioral Health/Office of Intellectual Disabilities Departments to provide case management services for children and adolescents who needed assistance beyond the traditional array of services.
ACI teamed up with Citizen Care Inc. in March 2000 (now known as Partners For Quality, Inc.) and expanded its continuum of services and supports to provide interventions to children and families in the home, school and community settings.
Today, we provide services to more than 500 children and adolescents with adjustment and behavioral health challenges including depression, anxiety, and autism spectrum and learning disorders. We also help children whose lives have been impacted by trauma, abuse or neglect.
Our goal is to provide children with a renewed sense of hope and value! We do this by providing a continuum of behavioral health services that are tailor-made for each child and family. Your child and your family are our main priority! We are an enrolled and credentialed provider within the Community Care Behavioral Health Organization and we are nationally accredited by The Council on Accreditation for Children and Family Services (COA).