Behavioral Supports Services
Behavioral Supports Services are behavioral supports for individuals who may demonstrate behavioral challenges because of limited social skills, limited communication skills, or impaired sensory systems. These services are provided to adults who are enrollede in the Adult Autism Waiver program (AAW) and individuals who are enrolled in the Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities waiver (IDD). Behavioral Supports Services focus on positive behavior strategies and incorporate a proactive understanding of behavior, rather than aversive or punishment strategies.
- Provide specialized interventions that support and increase adaptive behaviors
- Modify or replace challenging behaviors of a disruptive or destructive nature
- Completion of an individualized Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA)
- Development of a comprehesive behavioral support plan
- Provide inclusive training to individuals, staff, parents and caretakers
- 24/7 On-call crisis intervention and stabilization services